Why wait until you get to Beacon for camp to start? Take the bus from Toronto or Newmarket and let the fun start early!
For your convenience, Beacon offers the option of bus transportation for many of our camp sessions (listed below). This service is provided at minimal cost to camper families, with stops easily accessible from major highways. Bus transportation to and from camp is selected during the registration process for your camp session. If you have any questions, please contact us as soon as possible.
Summer Camp Sessions
Sessions Offered: Junior Boys, Junior Girls, Senior Boys, Senior Girls, Basecamp, Wilderness, Alpha
First Day Departure Time: 1:00pm (Toronto), 1:45pm (Newmarket)
Last Day Arrival Time: 11:30am (Newmarket), 12:30pm (Toronto)
Fall/Winter Camp Sessions
Sessions Offered: Fall Forward, Boys' Winter Weekend, Girls' Winter Weekend, Wilderness Winter Weekend, FLIGHT
Departure Time: 7:00pm (Toronto), 7:45pm (Newmarket)
Last Day Arrival Time: 4:30pm (Newmarket), 5:30pm (Toronto)
Toronto Bus Stop
Newmarket Bus Stop
To make the bus trip easy and convenient, please note the following information:
- All bus times are approximate, based on traffic on the day of travel. We do our best to let you know the timing of the bus during each trip, using emails and if necessary, a phone call. However, there are sometimes unforeseeable delays.
- Please arrive at the bus stop at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure or arrival time. This prevents delays for everyone.
- Please bring a maximum of 2 pieces of luggage per camper.
- If you cancel your bus transportation option less than 7 days before the date of the trip, we cannot refund your fee.
- If your camper is bringing prescription medication to camp, please bring them with you to the bus stop, where a Beacon volunteer will collect them from you for safe keeping until your camper arrives at camp.
- You have the option to provide money for your camper's Tuck Shop account using our online registration portal. If you would rather provide cash for the Tuck Shop, please bring that money in a separate envelope that is clearly marked with your camper's name and the amount of money in the envelope. A Beacon staff person will collect Tuck Money as your camper gets on the bus.
- As a part of our registration intake process, all campers are checked for head lice when they arrive at Beacon. If you child is taking the bus, please make sure to give them a thorough lice check before they leave for camp. This will avoid unnecessary travel and expense on your part if head lice is found when they arrive.