Work Days at Beacon
It takes a lot of effort to keep camp looking beautiful! We have been grateful for many volunteers who have joined us over the years for our twice annual work days, and we'd love to have you take part in the fun! It is a practical way to support Beacon's ministry, and all ages and skill levels are welcome. Meals are provided as a thank you to our hard-working volunteers, and there are jobs for those who want to be inside or outside!
To find out when the next work day is happening, click the link on the right, and find the Fall or Spring season schedule. No special tools are required, but we recommend bringing old clothes or coveralls, close-toed shoes or boots and weather-appropriate outerwear.
When you're ready, email us at email@example.com to let us know!
Example Work Day Tasks:
- Clean building exteriors
- Rake leaves around major buildings
- Split and move firewood to the locations around camp.
- Split firewood
- Trim branches back from roadways
- Wash windows
- Inventory of craft room or Tuck Shop
- Prepare program elements (trampolines, archery, gym, boathouse)
- Install or remove different elements of the Beacon waterfront (docks, etc.)